If you recently had a facelift and are past the initial healing process, it’s time you started protecting your results to maintain your new, beautiful look (if you haven’t done so already!). These tips can help you keep your face looking youthful and vibrant for a longer time:
1. Follow your plastic surgeon’s orders. Your plastic surgeon will provide you with specific instructions to help you while you heal. These instructions are designed to reduce the risk of complications and anything that may negatively impact your results. You should follow these, and if you have any questions or concerns about them, please let your surgeon know. It is important you understand every instruction so that you can have a successful outcome.
2. Take care of your body. You should eat nutritious meals and exercise regularly. Not only is this good for your overall health, but it also gives your body what it needs to maintain a youthful appearance from your skin right down to your bones.
3. Take care of your skin. Keeping your skin clean and well maintained is essential. Keep your skin supple and healthy by following a customized skincare regimen designed by our Head Medical Aesthetician. You should take advantage of her expertise, plus it’s totally free!
4. Avoid sun exposure. You should use a sunscreen with a skin-protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 at all times when you are outside. Double or triple up on your protection by wearing a hat and appropriate clothing to protect your skin. Applying sunscreen daily will reduce sun spots, wrinkles and other signs of aging.
5. Get regular massages. Massages help your circulation and muscle tone, not to mention they’re so relaxing!
Your facelift can effectively address sagging and serious wrinkles, but your results aren’t impervious to the effects of time. While you can maintain your results with the tips listed above, you can also consider nonsurgical treatments to address any concerns that develop in the years after your facelift. Fillers and BOTOX® are designed to fight the signs of aging.
Consult With Us
Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery Canada procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon. Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-4194 or by clicking here.Contact Us