Dr. Jerome Edelstein
Dr. Jerome Edelstein is fully certified as a Plastic Surgeon by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
He received his medical degree from the University of Toronto where he won numerous awards and scholarships, including the prized Silver Medal for finishing 2’nd overall amongst 252 medical school graduates. The Gold Medalist went on to Neurosurgery while Dr. Edelstein pursued his passion in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Start the Begin a conversation
Beauty & Self-confidence
Dr. Jerome Edelstein is one of Canada’s leading breast and body contouring plastic surgeons
After completing his surgical internship at the Toronto General Hospital, Dr. Edelstein then went on to Plastic Surgery training at the University of Toronto for five years.
“Top Cosmetic Surgeon in Toronto”, specifically because of his ability to achieve natural looking results from breast augmentation.Fashion MagazineBook Consultation Today!
Meet Dr. Jerome Edelstein MD, FRCSCAttending Hospital: Humber River Hospital
Position: Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery
Member Of: Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Fellow At: Royal College of Physicians And Surgeons Of Canada
Active Online At:Rate MDs |Realself
Read More …
Dr. Edelstein is one of Canada’s leading plastic cosmetic surgeons because of the following reasons:
- Dr. Edelstein is Head of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the Humber River Hospital (HRH), one of the largest divisions of Plastic Surgery in Canada, with nine active plastic surgeons on staff. In 2016, Dr. Edelstein oversaw the completion of 4779 plastic surgery procedures at HRH and performed a large number of these himself. This means that in his professional career, Dr. Edelstein has gained experience from tens of thousands of surgeries, under his hospice as Division Head and having performed them directly.
- Dr. Edelstein is an active member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery. As a member of these prominent medical organizations, he is dedicated to the advancement of the field through education, advocacy and legislation to protect you, the patient.
- As an indication of his commitment to remain at the forefront of the medical field, Dr. Edelstein has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) since 1997. He participates in the annual Maintenance of Certification Program held by the RCPSC that supports lifelong learning.
- Dr. Edelstein is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO). Based on his professional abilities as a plastic surgeon, he was selected to be a panel member for the Quality Assurance Committee at the CPSO. In addition to writing case opinions, he acts as a preceptor for other plastic surgeons who are having their practices assessed by the College for regulatory compliance.
- Dr. Edelstein has conducted research that has been published in Canadian and International peer reviewed plastic surgery journals. His research includes a range of topics fromLightning Injury to a review of Liposuction, the Syringe Technique.
- As a respected medical professional, Dr. Edelstein regularly lectures on cosmetic surgery topics, has appeared on television, and is quoted in newspapers and magazines. Just a few examples include Global News, the Globe and Mail newspaper and The Sun. In addition, Dr. Edelstein is currently a Medical Advisor for Elevate, the most established magazine in Canada devoted to cosmetic medicine.
- Cosmetic surgery is a medical science that is constantly evolving, with progressive techniques, sophisticated technology and exciting new ideas. Dr. Edelstein participates in annual plastic surgery symposiums and conferences to ensure his surgical methods and techniques are the safest and most effective for his patients.
- Dr. Edelstein is well versed in a variety of techniques, allowing him to tailor solutions to your particular needs. He attempts to bring together excellent training and experience, artistic knowledge and an enthusiastic personality to make your plastic surgery experience both satisfying and safe.
- Because of his professional excellence and commitment to aesthetic medicine, Dr. Edelstein has been selected by Allergan, the makers of BOTOX® and Inspira breast implants, to be one of their trusted Medical Advisors.
What his patients say
I chose Dr Edelstein from a gut feeling and also because of his photos. I was looking for a natural appearance and judging from his photos he was doing exactly what I was hoping for. All I needed to do from there was confirm that our personalities would be complimentary. From the moment I met him I knew in my gut and heart that I had found the RIGHT doctor. What a doll. He is so sweet and kind. Someone I am sure I would choose as a friend under different circumstances. The best part about him is his sense of humour and kind demeanour. What a gentleman.
DaniEdelstein Cosmetic Patient - Dani
Dear Dr. Edelstein,
Thank you for the wonderful care you have given me throughout my procedure. I appreciated the time you took to explain everything and made sure that all of my questions were answered. I was very nervous, but you made me feel at ease before, during, and after my surgery. It is obvious that you truly enjoy what you do by the way you care for your patients. Thank you again for making the treatment such a positive experience.
CatherineEdelstein Cosmetic Patient - Catherine
Dr. Edelstein treats every patient with safety, comfort, and satisfaction as his utmost priority at his Toronto plastic surgery clinic. He considers every procedure to be important and wants you to feel comfortable, secure and well informed before proceeding with your procedure. You will never feel rushed during a consultation. Dr. Edelstein takes the time to understand your individual goals and expectations.
You will receive an honest opinion about what the procedure can do for you, without unwarranted exaggeration. If he feels that your expectations won’t be met, he will let you know and advise you on your best course of action. In some cases, a more suitable solution will be provided.
With your choice of a private Toronto surgery facility or the Humber River Hospital, you can expect personalized attention, conscientious treatment and the comfort of knowing you are being treated by a reputable plastic surgeon who is respected by both his peers and leagues of highly satisfied patients.
Dr. Jerome Edelstein is an active member of the American Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), Canadian Society For Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (CSAPS), Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons (CSPS) and the International Confederation of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery (ICPRAS). He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPSC) as well as is in good standing with The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
Giving back to the community
Out of the office
Out of the office, you’ll find Dr. Edelstein fulfilling his role as a loving husband and father. His greatest passion is traveling and exploring the world with his wife and daughter.
When he’s in his hometown of Toronto, he maintains a healthy work-life balance by weight training, jogging and biking. The world of transformative aesthetic medicine is as much an art as it is a science. For this reason, Dr. Edelstein maintains a rooted connection to the arts, both as a photo enthusiast and avid pianist with formal training from the Royal Conservatory of Music.
Edelstein Cosmetic has been awarded the Consumers Choice Award for
“Best Cosmetic Procedures in the Greater Toronto Area”The people of Toronto have chosen