After the big decision of choosing a Toronto breast augmentation, the next step is the personal consultation with prospective plastic surgeons. This is an important meeting because it allows you to determine if the plastic surgeon is a good fit for what you need and want for this experience. You may need to attend a few consultations with different plastic surgeons and it can be difficult; therefore, we will help you properly prepare for each meeting to make this process easier and more pleasant.
Before diving into the types of questions you should focus on during the consultation, let’s review what you should be expecting when you attend one.
- The reasons for your breast augmentation, your expectations and desired outcomes
- Previous and current medical conditions and drug allergies
- Current medications, vitamins, supplements, alcohol and drug use
- Family history of breast cancer and your recent mammogram results
Next, your plastic surgeon will likely also:
- Evaluate your health and any pre-existing risk factors or health conditions
- Examine and measure your breasts in detail
- Discuss available options and recommended course of treatment
- Discuss the possible outcomes of the breast augmentation surgery
- Explain any risks or potential complications that may arise
- Are you a board-certified plastic surgeon in Canada?
- Did you train specifically in the field of plastic surgery with specialization in breast augmentations?
- How many years of training and/or experience have you had in plastic surgery and breast augmentation?
- How many breast augmentations do you perform a year ?
- Is your surgical facility properly accredited by our provincial or federal standards?
- Am I a suitable candidate for breast augmentation?
- How will you perform my breast augmentation surgery? What do you recommend in terms of shape, size, texture, incision site and placement?
- What is expected of me to get the best results?
- How long should I expect my recovery period to last? What will I need to prepare for a good recovery phase?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my breast augmentation procedure?
- Should I expect additional breast-related operations in the future?
- What can I expect my breast implants to look like over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- Will my ability to breastfeed be affected by a breast augmentation procedure?
- How should I expect my breasts to look like if I choose to remove my breast implants in the future, without any replacements?
- Do you have any before-and-after photos of your previous clients that I can browse through?
That’s it! Armed with the knowledge of what to expect and this list of questions, you should be able to have productive and successful consultation meetings with your prospective plastic surgeons.
Consult With Us
Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery Canada procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon. Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-4194 or by clicking here.Contact Us