Dermal Filler Treatment in Toronto
Reverse the Signs of Aging and Enhance Your Facial Contours
*Ordinarily, men and women who are attractive earn about $230,000US more (average salary based on 2010 figures) than their less attractive counterparts, lead happier lives and marry attractive partners who are highly educated. Dr. Daniel Hamermesh, the economics professor at the University of Texas-Austin who compiled these findings in his book, Beauty Pays: Why Attractive People Are More Successful, based his definition of “attractive” primarily on facial symmetry, considering other factors such as expression and overall structure secondarily. With advancements in cosmetic medicine, you can achieve better facial symmetry, a more aesthetically pleasing face and look more youthful with a minimally invasive treatment known as dermal fillers.*
Begin a conversation
Beauty & Self-confidence
How to reverse the signs of aging and improve your facial contours?
A dermal filler treatment is a nonsurgical procedure that achieves your desirable transformation faster than surgery, with very little downtime. Results are temporary but can be easily maintained.
The Edelstein Cosmetic difference
*Come on in for a private medical consultation with our injectable fillers specialist, who will assist you in determining the best course of action to address your aesthetic concerns. At Edelstein Cosmetic, we only have physician / plastic surgeon injector specialists on our staff. There are no nurses or aestheticians doing this detailed, precise work. You’ll get only the best and most skilled people helping you at Edelstein Cosmetic if you’re considering a dermal filler treatment in Toronto*
*The procedure is performed in a comfortable setting conducive to optimal results. At Edelstein Cosmetic, your injectable fillers treatment will be performed by Dr. Kunaal Jindal MD FRCSC. Dr. Jindal is a fully certified Plastic Surgeon who has a special interest in injectables and is a key opinion leader in the field, often speaking for industry and training advanced techniques. His caring demeanor, professionalism, and dedication to his patients are just some of the reasons why he is a partner at Edelstein Cosmetic. Dr Jindal and Dr. Herschorn are both fully trained to achieve natural and pleasing results.*
*The ability to fulfill your True Beauty Potential—you’ve never had fillers like this before. You can subtly improve your facial features to make them more harmonious with the concept of true facial beauty. With a sophisticated aesthetic sense, our injectable specialists apply their understanding of the “divine” proportion to maximize your beauty potential. After all, true beauty is about making you look more appealing in the eyes of anyone who is looking at your face. Read more about Achieving Your True Facial Beauty With The Golden Ratio.*
*You have the option of undergoing treatment with a microcannula featuring a very small diameter. When compared to traditional hypodermic needles, blunt tip microcannulae have been shown to significantly minimize patient bruising, swelling and infection. This method reduces procedural pain and enables your desired results to appear sooner because it involves fewer puncture sites for less trauma (only one or two versus the several required with needles). Patients are also able to receive treatments with a greater level of flexibility. Only very few medical injectors using dermal filler in Toronto can perform this unique technique. Any administering medical professional must have experience and talent in order to properly treat their patients. Because they are more flexible than hypodermic needles, microcannulae must be carefully guided through the surface of the skin toward the targeted area. The injectable specialists at Edelstein Cosmetic possess the skill and comfort with a wide variety of surgical tools, allowing them to use microcannulae effectively.*
*Different sizes of microcannulae can be used to inject fillers of nearly any type of level of viscosity. Extremely flexible, long microcannulae, for example, can be used to employ the “fanning technique”, a method that allows for treatment of a large area through a single puncture point. Please note that blunt-tip microcannulae are often too large to be used in injecting filler to fine lines.*
AREAS YOU CAN IMPROVE WITH DERMAL FILLERS
On the forehead and around the eyes
- Lift the brow.
- Correct sunken temples that lead to aging appearance.
- Remove undereye circles.
- Smooth away bags.
- Enhance your cheeks, giving you the appearance of defined cheekbones.
- Add volume to sunken contours.
- Smooth away creases around the mouth and nose (also known as parentheses lines).
Lips: lip augmentation and lip enhancement
- Get a fuller, more luscious contour.
- Restore volume loss from slow deflation over time.
- Enhance the cupid’s bow (the “M” part of your mid-upper lip).
- Improve balance between the lower and upper lip or symmetry between the left and right portions.
- Accentuate your vermillion border (the outline of your lips).
- Smooth away vertical wrinkles and creases (smoker’s lines).
- Lift downturned mouth corners.
Enhance definition, both in projection and length to improve overall contour of the lower face, resulting a slimming, chiseled look.
- Fill out the deep grooves extending from your mouth down to your chin (marionette lines).
- Make the chin more prominent, giving you more definition so it doesn’t blend into the neck as much.
Redefine your jawline to improve facial harmony and proportions.
- Eliminate jowls.
- Create a smoother contour along the jawline.
Acne scars, chicken pox scars and other depressed scarring
- Fill out depressions for improved texture and smoothness.
*For the millions of men and women across North America who are concerned with the aesthetically unpleasing signs of aging, dermal fillers are one of their preferred treatments. It enables you to experience a revitalization of your facial contours, making you look refreshed and more youthful. At Edelstein Cosmetic, you will enjoy a transformation that looks natural, rather than artificial–the key is to enhance the beauty of your original features by removing the signs of aging subtly, so you’ll look as young as you feel. See what a dermal filler in Toronto can do for you today.*
Are you a candidate?
*Dermal fillers are suitable for men and women who want to recontour their facial features and eliminate wrinkles, folds and sagging on their face.*
*A medical assessment will take place prior to your treatment to ensure your expectations can be met. Our board certified plastic surgeons are ready to help you by providing a thorough consultation process that ensures you get the proper treatment—and a high level of satisfaction with your results.*
*It is of the utmost importance that you select a certified and experienced medical professional to perform your dermal filler treatment in Toronto. A little goes a long way, and you should be comfortable knowing that you’ll be treated with a gentle touch as well as respect and understanding. Edelstein Cosmetic believes in providing you with a higher standard of care by a medical professional who has the ability to achieve your desired results safely.*
*Your injection will be administered by one of our talented physicians, both of whom have a broad knowledge of aesthetic medicine and advanced injection techniques.*
*The entire injection procedure is completed in 15 to 30 minutes and provides immediate, natural-looking (and feeling) results.*
FOLLOWING YOUR TREATMENT
*Since it’s a minimally invasive treatment, dermal filler recovery is limited to minimal swelling and bruising. You will be able to return to your normal life as soon as you leave Edelstein Cosmetic.*
*The healing time for a given procedure varies between different patients. The following represents the general recovery you might expect following your facial injection. Individual patients may experience variations from this course.*
*Most patients return to normal within a couple hours of the procedure! A few experience some swelling, redness, discomfort and possibly bruising during the first few days following the injection. Most of this settles down within three days. Occasionally, the swelling can last up to one or two weeks.*
Types of fillers available
We offer hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers in Toronto.
*Hyaluronic acid (HA) is a naturally occurring linear polysaccharide that is able to bind 1,000 times its volume in water. When healthy amounts of HA are present in the body, spaces that exist between elastin and collagen fibres are sufficiently filled to provide a good supportive structure to your skin, maintaining proper hydration and volume. The substance is also responsible for giving the eyes their shape and lubricating the joints. As we age, our bodies not only produce less HA, but the substance also begins to break down in response to the exposure of free radicals. A natural, internal process called hyaluronidase also occurs. The end result of decreased HA levels is the development of typical signs of skin aging, namely wrinkles, lines, sagging, dryness and roughness. A study that appeared in The Journal of Drugs in Dermatology describes the beneficial properties of hyaluronic acid as including “space filling, lubrication [and] shock absorption.”*
WHAT TO DO AFTER YOUR DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT IN TORONTO
- Extra Strength Tylenol is usually adequate to manage any discomfort.
- Cool, soft, flexible ice packs may be used (or small packs of frozen peas) to keep the swelling down.
- Place the ice pack on the treated area(s) for 15-20 minutes at a time, three or four times per day.
- Keep your head elevated and use several pillows at night to help diminish the swelling.
- You can wash with soap and water, and apply make-up, the day after your injection.
- Avoid exercising strenuously, going out into the sun, exposing yourself to cold, or drinking alcohol the day of the treatment.
- Most patients can return to work the day after the injection.
*The quality of your cosmetic enhancement may be compromised if you fail to return for any scheduled post-op visits or follow the post-operative instructions. Don’t hesitate to report any unusual or concerning changes. We are here to help you achieve your desired aesthetic goals and make sure that your dermal filler treatment in Toronto is all you hoped it would be!*
*In general, the majority of Edelstein Cosmetic’s facial injectable patients are very pleased with their aesthetic enhancement and rejuvenation. Complications are rare. Depending upon your goals, you may require long-term re-treatments with the facial injectable to maintain the desired correction or enhancement.*
*Juvéderm® Ultra, Ultra Plus, Voluma® and Volift® are made with natural substances, therefore these products do eventually reabsorb naturally. Patients who wish to prolong the benefits of Juvéderm® typically follow a regular injection schedule. Repeat injections are necessary for patients who wish to maintain the positive effects of their treatment. The improvements that come from a product designed to create natural-looking results, safely and easily, mean that hyaluronic acid has to absorb back into the body to provide the level of enhancement it offers.*
Voluma® has been shown to achieve results that may last up to 18 months.
*Volift® has been formulated to last longer than many other fillers on the market today—the manufacturer, Allergan, states that results can last up to 15 months for treatment of nasolabial folds! The norm is up to 12 months, which means you may be able to enjoy your enhancement for three extra months than what you normally expect.*
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR DERMAL FILLER TREATMENT IN TORONTO
- Kindly remove all makeup including facial powders and foundation, tinted moisturizers, etc. before coming to your appointment.
- Please avoid alcohol, as well as Advil/Aleve/Aspirin or other anti-inflammatories (e.g. Omega, Curcumin, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba) for 3-5 days prior to your filler treatment to decrease chance of bruising, unless specifically advised by your doctor that you need to be on the medication daily (e.g. heart condition).
- Consider taking herbal remedies or supplements that help decrease the chance of bruising (e.g. Arnica pellets, Bromelain).
- Dental cleaning/procedures including teeth whitening should be completed at least 1-2 weeks before your filler treatment, or at least 2-4 weeks after your treatment to decrease chance of infection.
- If you are ill or have an active injection (e.g. Urinary Tract Infection/Bladder Infection, Herpes or Cold Sore) please do your best to reschedule your appointment as soon as possible, as we cannot proceed with the filler treatment until you are better.
- Try to plan your treatment so that you will be in the city for at least 3 days afterward in case of any issues that may need assessment or treatment.
- Please advise us if you have ever fainted or felt weak from needles or medical procedures. If you have ever experienced these issues, please make sure to have a meal or snack before your appointment.
Read More Articles…
*Results are not guaranteed and may vary from person to person*
Procedures & Interviews
Learn more about Face Surgery and dermal filler treatment at Edelstein Cosmetic in Toronto. Hear first-hand accounts from patients and understand why they chose to pursue plastic surgery. Just click on the play button to watch the video and learn more about the experience.WATCH ALL VIDEOS
Edelstein Cosmetic has been awarded the Consumers Choice Award for
“Best Cosmetic Procedures in the Greater Toronto Area”The people of Toronto have chosen