Body

Share this Page

How To Maximize Your Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure

Whether due to childbirth, aging, or weight fluctuations, many individuals struggle to shed the excess skin and fat that frequently develops around the abdomen. Although diet and exercise may help, in many instances, abdominal fat is so stubborn that both men and women turn to abdominoplasty, a surgical solution frequently referred to as a tummy tuck, which is designed to remove unwanted fat and skin from the abdomen, while also tightening abdominal muscles to create a more desirable contour. While a full tummy tuck is recommended for approximately 85% of patients, the remaining 15% are eligible for a mini tummy tuck in Toronto.

Who Is Eligible For A Mini Tummy Tuck?

A full tummy tuck is often recommended for patients who have significant excess skin, abdominal fat and muscle laxity both above and below the navel, as it targets loose skin and fat throughout the abdomen. Conversely, a mini tummy tuck is ideal for individuals whose problem area lies below the navel, as it removes excess skin and fat and tightens muscles in the lower abdomen only. Regardless of which procedure is selected, the goal is to improve the contour of the midsection by tightening and toning the abdomen. Liposuction will be used to remove excess fat, loose skin will be eliminated, and for women who experience diastasis recti, the separation of the rectus muscles after pregnancy, the muscles will be repaired in order to reduce the stomach bulge that frequently occurs after childbirth.

What Is The Umbi-Float?

Depending on your particular needs, to maximize your mini tummy tuck procedure, the umbilical float, or FAB floating abdominoplasty technique may be appropriate, as it enables the surgeon to address the muscles above the navel, which is not possible with a mini tummy tuck alone. Since a typical mini abdominoplasty procedure focuses on strengthening lower abdominal muscles and removing excess fat and skin below the belly button, it does not work to improve the appearance of the upper abdomen.

While this is suitable for some patients, whose problem area lies solely below the navel, patients with no loose skin or fat in the upper abdomen may still have muscle separation all the way up to the sternum (chest bone). In this case, the umbi-float can be used to dissect and detach the belly button in order to access the upper abdomen, tightening the muscles throughout the stomach, and improving the entire abdominal contour.

Who Is Eligible For This Technique?

Ideal candidates for this mini tummy tuck technique have very little excess skin and fat above the navel and hope to improve their lax stomach muscles with a smaller incision and less invasive surgery than that required for a full tummy tuck.

To learn more about how to maximize your mini tummy tuck procedure in Toronto, please contact our clinic to schedule a consultation with Dr. Jerome Edelstein or Dr. Kunaal Jindal, leading tummy tuck plastic surgeons dedicated to helping patients improve their body contour and confidence.

Consult With Us

Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery Canada procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon. Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-4194 or by clicking here.

Contact Us

CONSULT WITH US

Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon.
Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-5614 or by filling in this quick form.

 Join Newsletter - Great deals & beauty tips straight to your inbox