Abdominoplasty, also commonly known as a tummy tuck, is a cosmetic solution for many individuals who are dissatisfied with their stubborn abdominal skin laxity and have tried everything to reduce it. At Edelstein Cosmetic, one of the leading clinics to offer tummy tucks in Toronto, after a consultation with one of our highly skilled plastic surgeons, there are steps you can take in order to prepare yourself for the procedure.
Here we have provided some steps and tips to help your preparation.
Leading Op To The Tummy Tuck
- Learn about the tummy tuck procedure and ask questions; the more you understand and know what to expect, the less anxiety you will feel
- Talk to our plastic surgeons about weight loss prior to surgery; it may sometimes be recommended because being close to your ideal weight gives the best results
- Quit smoking at least four weeks before the Toronto tummy tuck surgery. It is important to know that you must remain smoke-free two weeks post-surgery, during the initial recovery phase as well
- Avoid taking any medications or supplements that contain blood-thinners, two-weeks before the surgery. These include Advil, aspirin, fish oil, etc.
- If you are taking any other medications, please notify your surgeon.
- Prepare ice packs, loose and comfortable clothing, extra pillows and medical supplies for home. Also, it is important to be well-stocked on groceries and toiletries since you are unable to drive while on pain medications
- If you live alone, it is a good idea to arrange for a family member or friend to help out and be present during the first day post-op
- Help with house-cleaning chores and childcare should also be arranged if needed as your physical level of activity will be restricted for the first couple of weeks during recovery
- Our surgeons will likely prescribe a special compression garment for you to wear after surgery to ensure proper healing and support of the treated area
- If you are coming down with any illnesses prior to the surgery, such as a cold, please let your plastic surgeon know
- If you may be pregnant before the surgery, it is crucial to let our surgeons know beforehand
The Night Before The Surgery
- Wash yourself and the surgical area with an antiseptic soap, such as Hibicleanse or another antibacterial wash from the drugstore.
- Have nothing to eat or drink after midnight.
- Get a good sleep!
Day Of The Surgery
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that buttons up
- Remove any jewelry, make-up and nail polish
- If you are on your menstrual cycle at the time of surgery, use a sanitary pad rather than a tampon
This list of advice is not comprehensive and there may be further instructions given on a case-by-case basis by our plastic surgeons. Undergoing a Toronto tummy tuck can be a stressful process for your body and planning for a worry free, comfortable recovery starts at Edelstein Cosmetic.
Consult With Us
Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery Canada procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon. Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-4194 or by clicking here.Contact Us