Choosing to have a Breast Augmentation is a life changing and rewarding decision. It is important to remember, however, that it is a surgical procedure, after which you will need to restrict your normal activities for a few weeks to allow your body to heal and recover effectively.
By having a clear understanding of the recovery period following your Toronto Breast Augmentation, you will be able to prepare adequately and ensure the smoothest possible healing period.
For those undergoing a Breast Augmentation in Toronto, Edelstein Cosmetic is one of the top cosmetic surgery clinics in the area, specializing in Breast augmentation procedures. The surgeons at Edelstein Cosmetic provide a comprehensive list of post-operative care instructions to all their patients – ensuring a safe and speedy recovery.
To sum it up, here is a list of Do’s and Don’ts after your BA.
- Since the surgery will be performed under general anesthesia, you will likely be groggy and slightly disoriented for the first few hours following the procedure. Therefore, it is important to ensure you have a friend or family member waiting for you to drive you home.
- Make the necessary arrangements when it comes to taking time off from work, household chores, childcare and pet care prior to your procedure. Some patients have found it helpful to have friends, family or hired help stay with them the first few days to take care of chores that they must avoid
- Stock up on pillows or use a comfortable recliner so that you can sleep on your back for the first few days after the procedure.
- Make sure you are not lifting, pulling or pushing any heavy objects in the first few weeks following your surgery.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach as this can be painful and impact your results
- Avoid smoking as it can negatively impact the body’s ability to heal as well as increase the risk of developing post surgical infections and scars. It is recommended to quit smoking at least 4 weeks prior to the procedure and to continue to abstain from tobacco for the 4 weeks following as well.
One of the best ways to ensure a smooth recovery period is to choose a well-reputed clinic that specializes in this procedure. When it comes to Breast Augmentation in Toronto, Edelstein Cosmetic is well known as one of the top destinations.
By taking measures such as prescribing post op pain relief, medications, using long acting local anaesthetics during the procedure and minimizing the time spent under general anesthesia, they are able to ensure that your recovery will be as short and comfortable as possible.
Consult With Us
Before undergoing any Plastic Surgery Canada procedure, consult an experienced and reputable Plastic Surgeon. Book your consultation at our plastic surgery clinic in Toronto by calling (416) 256-4194 or by clicking here.Contact Us