The Cost of Breast Augmentation & Breast Implants in Toronto
Many women in Toronto would like to have breast augmentation surgery, however one of the common concerns that many have is how much it will cost. On average, you can expect to pay around $8500 for the surgery, however many clinics offer payment plans. While this can seem pricey to some, it is important to remember, that following the surgery, may women feel better about their bodies, and to them that increased self-confidence is worth the price.
When looking into the cost of breast augmentation and implants, it is important to remember that there are a number of factors which can affect the price.
- Type of Implant – The type of implant you have should be based on the recommendation of your surgeon according to your personal goals and anatomy rather than price. Nevertheless, the type you choose, will affect the overall cost. Silicone implants and shaped implants will cost more than saline and round implants.
- Combined surgeries – Many women who choose to have breast augmentations also want to have additional cosmetic procedures as well such as tummy tucks, arm and thigh lifts etc. When multiple surgeries are conducted at the same time, it puts less demand on the surgeon’s time and therefore the cost is often less than it would be if you were to have each surgery separately.
- Previous surgeries – If this is your first breast augmentation surgery, a pocket in the breast tissue will need to be created before the implant can be inserted. If you’ve already had the surgery in the past, the pocket will already be there in which case it may reduce the cost of your surgery.
- Complexity of the surgery – depending on the technique chosen for your surgery or whether you have any existing conditions that could make the procedure more complex, it may affect the cost of your breast augmentation.
- Surgeon’s history and experience – while the cost of the implants themselves should not vary greatly between clinics, the cost of the procedure may be more or less depending on the surgeon’s experience and based on how high the demand is for their services. Since the skill and expertise of the surgeon will directly affect your final results, it is recommended you go with the best surgeon that you can afford.
- Hospital vs. Private Clinic – you can expect to pay more for breast augmentation at a private clinic, however, at Edelstein Cosmetic, the cost is the same whether you have the surgery at the hospital or private clinic.
- Recovery costs – In budgeting for your breast augmentation, it is also important to factor in recovery costs. Following the procedure, patients may want to purchase a second special support bra (one is included with the surgery), and will be prescribed medication both to control pain and prevent infection.
While there is a lot to consider when looking into breast augmentation surgery, it is important for your health and ultimate end results that you go through the process step by step with your surgeon. Schedule your consultation today with Edelstein Cosmetic in Toronto to learn what kind of breast augmentation procedure is right for you and to receive an estimate.